'This is a huge moment in our company's future, a milestone.
This enables us to access Microsoft Services that will speed up the deployment of our new data warehouse on Azure.
All our platform data will be fed into Microsoft B.I - the Power Business Intelligence Package.
This will give us two new powerful platform advantages:
1. Granular insight into all of our data from every data source removing information silo’s to provide a single data lake. Power BI will the surface the data in three formats:
- a data drill down tool to drive insight
- a company wide performance dashboard view covering the entire customer journey and platform performance
- static reports for internal and external customers
2. A single source of data triggers to feed into our digital platform to drive marketing, operations, finance and support workflows and sales sequences'Why would Microsoft support Close?
Microsoft support many companies purely to seed consumption of their products once they become profitable.
However, Microsoft are in a hardware and software battle with Cisco:
The Cisco Smartboard has "Spark" which enables visual connectivity with any other video enabled hardware or App
The Microsoft Surface Hub with Skype for Business can only visuall connect/talk to other Skype for Business users.
Microsoft's largest EMEA wide distributor Tech Data has Vmeet that enables The Surface Hub with Skype for Business to talk any Video enabled device or APP.
Vmeet as you'll see from the Tech Data announcement is supplied by Close.
Not only have Microsoft tactically fixed the Surface Hub connectivity in the fight with Cisco, they have enabled any Skype for Business user to buy a Vmeet room and connect.
See the Business Plan for the 6 Microsoft use cases Close support.